Few steps for setting up things before developing applications for Android….
- Download & Install JRE from http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
- Download & Extract Eclipse IDE for Java Developers from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/
- Download the latest version of Android SDK from http://developer.android.com/sdk/
- Download ADT (Android Development Tools) from http://developer.android.com/sdk/adt_download.html
- Start Eclipse, then select Help > Software Updates > Find and Install….
- Select Archive and then browse to the downloaded ADT Zip file.
- You should see the plugin listed by the URL, with “Developer Tools” nested within it. Select the checkbox next to Developer Tools and click Install…
- On the subsequent Install window, “Android DDMS” and “Android Developer Tools” should both be checked. Click Next, then Finish. Restart Eclipse.
- Select Window > Preferences… to open the Preferences panel (Mac: Eclipse > Preferences).
- Select Android from the left panel.
- For the SDK Location in the main panel, click Browse… and locate your downloaded SDK directory. Click Apply, then OK.
- Now, lets install an AVD (Android Virtual Device). Navigate to /tools in a command line and execute:
android create avd --name #your_avd_name# --target #targetid#
- Just press Enter when asked to create an hardware profile.
Now you are done with setup……. Happy developing with Android !!!
Start with Hello, World program in the documentation.